Best WooCommerce Web Hosting Services (2018)
WooCommerce is a free ecommerce platform, and a plugin for WordPress. It is the most popular ecommerce plugin for this particular CMS, and one of the most popular worldwide. It allows you to sell virtually anything, and it integrates seamlessly with WordPress.
Unlike many rival ecommerce platforms, WooCommerce is an open-source solution, meaning that everything is completely open and free.
WooCommerce has so many different options, so it can be challenging to master. But if you know your way around WordPress, managing WooCommerce will not be that hard. You will appreciate the customization it provides, as it will allow you to make the perfect web store for your unique needs.
However, getting your online store to look good, and be functional is one thing, but getting it to work flawlessly, responsively and securely is another. In order to have a responsive website, that is always up and secure, you will need good hosting.
In this article we will explain everything you need to know about WooCommerce hosting; what type is the best for you, key features to look for, and we will provide you with three great examples that will meet all your needs.
What Type of Hosting Works Best for WooCommerce?
Every ecommerce website aims at increasing traffic as much as possible. The formula is simple:
More visitors = more potential customers=more money!
This means that you need hosting that will provide enough muscle to handle the increased traffic. You can start with some ecommerce optimized shared hosting. But don’t expect too much. It is a budget option, and it will get you going. But if you start attracting more traffic, you should think about upgrading ASAP, since your website’s performance will suffer.
On the other hand, getting a dedicated server is probably too much. These provide the most power, but seriously, you probably don’t need all that now, and probably, you never will. These are meant for the biggest websites that attract enormous amounts of traffic non-stop. It is good to be ambitious, but it is even better to be smart; reinvest the money elsewhere, before you waste it getting a dedicated server that you don’t need.
Third option are Virtual Private Servers. These are the perfect, middle solution. They have much more power than shared hosts, allowing you to create a big website, without sacrificing performance. And they are far cheaper than dedicated servers, making them a perfect solution for a still growing WooCommerce website.
Stick with us and find out how to choose a proper server for your web store.
How to Choose a WooCommerce Hosting Plan?
There are some key features that are common for every hosting type. You need to look for these, as they are essential for WooCommerce stores too:
- Security – this one is the most important. You have a store, meaning that credit cards are involved. People want to feel super safe, especially when it comes to their hard earned money. If they feel threatened, they won’t buy from you. No matter how low your prices are. Get a hosting provider with a proven track record, and advanced features when it comes to security.
- Uptime – 99.9% or better. This is a vital stat, since you want your website to be available all the time. If your customers can’t reach your website, they can’t buy your products.
- Features – since you are running a store, you need a host that supports ecommerce. Some hosting providers offer free marketing credit, which is an excellent way to improve your online presence right from the start.
- Price – this is important, because your budget will tell you what is out of your reach. But, going for the cheapest option is probably not the best idea. Try to find the optimal choice, considering price on one, and features on the other side.
- Support – last but not least comes support. Things don’t always go as planned, and you want to feel comfortable by knowing that you have a team of highly trained engineers ready to help you up, without keeping you waiting for too long.
Virtual Private Server lets you have a portion of a single server guaranteed to you. You will have a number of CPU cores, storage (HDD or SSD), bandwidth and RAM at your disposal. How much depends on your budget, the more the merrier. But be smart, and try to estimate your website’s needs correctly, so you don’t waste money unnecessarily. You can always upgrade later.
Best Hosting Plans for WooCommerce
We will now present you with three great hosting options. Each one of is super safe, fast and reliable with features well suited for running a WooCommerce store. And all three have affordable prices, and will fit almost any budget.
Read on to find out more.
BlueHost – WooCommerce Plan
For many years WordPress recommends BlueHost as the hosting provider of their choice. And no wonder, since BlueHost is one of the leaders in the hosting industry.
The main reason why BlueHost is popular is security. You want your customers to be and feel extra safe, and hosting your store on BlueHost will keep them secure. BlueHost does everything in-house, making sure they keep all under control and close by. BlueHost has their own fiber connection, and custom built servers. All their servers are backed up by power failure systems and UPS, and they do frequent backups. Also, they provide anti malware, anti DDOS and anti-spam protections, keeping those credit card numbers and other private information safe.
BlueHost has three plans specially optimized for the WooCommerce plugin. They offer quick-installation too, and everything will be ready in no time at all.
- Their Starter plan is the cheapest one, starting at $6.95/mo. It offers positive SSL, 100 GB of website space, unmetered bandwidth, one free domain with one parked domain and five subdomains. You can have up to five email addresses, with 100 MB each. You also get $100 worth of marketing credits.
- Plus plan, at $8.95/mo is recommended for most stores. Unmetered bandwidth, storage, positive SSL, 1 domain with unlimited subdomains and parked domains. You can create unlimited email accounts, with no storage restrictions. Also, you get $150 of marketing credits, and $24 worth of yearly extras. Plus one spam expert.
- The best WooCommerce Plan, the Pro plan, will cost you $12.95/mo. It has everything the Plus plan has to offer, and even more. You will get a more advanced, Comodo SSL, $300 worth of marketing credits, over $80/year in extras, 2 Spam Experts and SiteBackupPro function, plus 1 Domain Privacy. Everything will be super safe and private with the Pro plan. And in case something bad happens, SiteBackupPro is there to revert the harm done.
BlueHost has excellent support team, easy to reach and fast to respond. And they offer a 30 day money-back guarantee, so no reason not to try them yourself.
InMotion Hosting – VPS Plans
If your website speed is your number one concern, go with InMotion. They are one of the fastest hosts in the industry, claiming speeds up to 40% higher than competition.
The main reason why InMotion has lightning fast servers is supreme technology. They never save on server parts, making sure everything is top notch. They invest millions of dollars every year, getting only the best possible equipment. As we said before, results show in raw speed, but they also maintain 99.9% guaranteed uptime.
When it comes to VPS plans, InMotion offers three:
- Cheapest one costs $29.99/mo and offers 4 GB RAM, 75 GB storage, 4 TB of monthly premium transfers, 3 dedicated IP addresses
- Their second plan costs $49.99/mo, and gives you even more: 6 GB RAM, 5 TB bandwidth, 150 GB storage and 4 dedicated IP addresses.
- Finally, their most expensive plan costs $74.99/mo, and gives you 8 GB RAM, 6 TB bandwidth, 260 GB storage, and 5 dedicated IP addresses. This is more than enough for even the biggest web stores.
All InMotion VPS plans have free SSD, giving you extra speed. And free backups make sure everything stays secure, even if something unpredictable happens. Also, multiple SSL offerings, and other security tools keep your users’ precious data safe.
InMotion is known for their superb support. They are easy to reach, and highly trained. You can reach them anytime, 24/7, and they will solve any problems you encounter, guaranteed. Also, they provide free website migration.
Try InMotion yourself. They have a huge 90 day money-back guarantee, and you will have enough time to test everything yourself.
HostGator – VPS Plans
HostGator, one of the biggest hosting providers in the industry, has more than nine million domains hosted on their servers. People trust them, as they keep providing top quality service continuously over the years
HostGator has state of the art, custom built data centers. They keep these marvels super safe by constantly monitoring them. Also, they have installed the latest fire detection and power backup systems, just in case. HostGator’s carefully designed datacenters and the latest technology show results in uptime; 99.9% is guaranteed. They hide nothing, and have a server status RSS feed on their website, so you can check it yourself.
HostGator has three VPS plans:
- Snappy 2000, at $19.95/mo has 2 GB RAM, 2 CPU cores, 120 GB disk space, 1.5 TB bandwidth.
- Snappy 4000, $29.95/mo offers 4 GB RAM, 2 cores, 165 disk space, 2 TB bandwidth
- Snappy 8000, $39.95/mo, 8 GB RAM, 4 cores, 240 GB disk space, and 3 TB bandwidth.
All HostGator VPS plans give you full root access, and if you are an advanced technical user, you will like this a lot. This will allow you deep customization, and you will be able to make a custom store, that suits your needs perfectly. Also, HostGator has multiple layers of protection, with RAID 10 disk configuration. They give you unlimited number of domains and subdomains, unlimited email addresses, FTP accounts and private nameservers. Also, backup is done weekly, off-site.
HostGator support is easy to reach, around the clock. They also have a great website, and lively forums, where you can find useful tutorials and how to videos.
Try HostGator, they won’t disappoint. Your money is safe, as they have 45-day money-back guarantee.
WooCommerce is a good choice to run a store. It is always good to go with popular solutions, since everything is already tested by many other people like yourself.
As you have seen in this article, choosing a proper hosting is not that hard. Picking VPS is a good idea, as it gives you enough muscle, and will not drain all of your cash. You will be able to run a big store at high performance on VPS.
We explained to you how to pick a VPS, and gave you three super examples. BlueHost, InMotion, HostGator; rest assured, these three are the finest web hosting industry has to offer.