Best PrestaShop Web Hosting Providers (2018)
PrestaShop is another shopping cart solution. It is quite popular- currently around 300,000 stores use it as their platform. Since so many stores use it, it is available in different languages. PrestaShop started as a French company, but it has expanded, and now has offices around the globe- in USA, France, Italy, Belgium, Germany, Spain, etc.
PrestaShop is open-source, meaning that it’s completely free. Free to install, free to modify. Once you download it, it stays free forever. But, being free does not mean that it’s basic. On the contrary, this is a very advanced platform.
PrestaShop is quite powerful, and once you master it you will be able to harvest its true potential. Mastering PrestaShop is not easy and requires at least intermediate technical knowledge. This goes for both the initial setup, and later tweaking. PrestaShop has the power, but if you don’t know how to properly unleash it, you should probably hire someone who does. And that will cost. Add hosting prices to the equation, and PrestaShop suddenly doesn’t look that free. This is why it is not that friendly towards beginners, who are just starting their business. If you are just starting out, choose a solution that will save you more money.
But to those who know how to use it, PrestaShop offers plenty: it allows you to fully manage the inventory, create unlimited listings, categories, product types; it offers advanced SEO features, making your store more visible on Google; it has superb checkout features, including shipping information, gift options, abundance of payment methods; and much more. More than 2,000 templates, plugins and add-ons created by the community will allow you deep customization. You will be able to convert almost any shop idea into reality.
We know that you want your PrestaShop to look good, but it has to work good too. This is why choosing a great hosting provider is vital. Since you will mostly likely need a developer to create and manage the shop for you (and that will cost), we think that you should save on hosting as much as possible.
That is why we recommend shared hosting- it is the cheapest option, and will allow your budget to breathe, so you can invest elsewhere. And if your shop is small to moderately sized, shared hosting will probably be enough. You can always upgrade to something better later.
In the next section, we will explain what a good shared plan needs to have.
Choosing a Shared Hosting Plan
Shared plans come in different sizes, and have different price tags, but it is more about choosing between hosting providers. Pay attention to these few things:
- Uptime- vital stat. You are running a store, and you want your products to be available day and night. This is why choosing a hosting provider with impeccable uptime record is essential- 99.9% is a must, don’t accept lower than that standard.
- Speed- you want your PrestaShop to run fast. Customers need to be able to move between categories swiftly. Sign with a hosting provider that has the latest technology installed on their servers. This will ensure maximum speed.
- Security- all stores involve money. Customers will have to fill in their credit card information in order to buy from you. And they won’t do it, if they feel like your website is insecure. Choosing a hosting provider that has advanced security options can prove to be crucial for your business reputation.
- Support- hosting is a complicated business, and you never know what can go wrong. Knowing that you picked a hosting company that has excellent customer care will give you peace of mind.
In the next section we will present you three hosting providers, and their plans. BlueHost, InMotion and HostGator- all three are known to synchronize well with PrestaShop.
3 Best PrestaShop Shared Hosting Providers and Their Plans
If you are looking for affordable hosting, BlueHost is for you. This hosting provider has low prices, but for the money you pay, you get a lot. It has also been the number one provider recommended by WordPress for many years. Good prices + solid recommendations = BlueHost.
BlueHost has a state-of-the-art data center. They have custom made their fiber optics, ensuring maximum speed. Also, BlueHost leaves nothing to chance, and has installed diesel power generators and UPS, so no sudden power losses. The results show, 99.9% uptime, 100% user satisfaction guaranteed.
BlueHost has excellent security options too, which is important for every (PrestaShop) store. SSL, anti-spam/malware, hotlink protection, DDoS attack protection- all this will keep hackers and Trojans off, and make your customers happy.
Here are BlueHost shared plans and prices:
- Basic plan- $3.95/mo- for an affordable price, this plan will get you 1 website, with 50 GB of storage, unmetered bandwidth. You will have 1 domain with up to 5 parked domains and 25 subdomains. You can also have up to 5 email accounts with 100 MB each.
- Plus plan- $5.95/mo- this plan has everything unlimited- websites, storage, bandwidth, subdomains, parked domains, email accounts and email storage, all on 1 domain. You will also get $200 marketing credits and over $24/year worth of extras. Plus 1 SpamExperts.
- Prime plan- $5.95/mo- this is the most powerful BlueHost shared plan. As with the Plus plan, everything is unlimited. But you also get more than $80/year in extras, 1 Domain Privacy and a SiteBackup Pro.
BlueHost has good customer care service. Easy to reach, around the clock, they will offer professional help. Also, you can check the BlueHost website- it is filled with useful information.
BlueHost has a 30-day money-back guarantee, no reason not to give them a try.
InMotion is known for fast speeds, quality support and long money-back guarantee. All those things are essential for any store, and PrestaShops are no different.
InMotion has been around for a while- it was first introduced in 2001. It hit the ground running, and is a top rated hosting company for the past 12 years. Multiple awards show the quality of InMotion. One of the main things that separates it is speed. Websites hosted on InMotion run much faster than those hosted on competition- up to 60%. Superb technology made this possible, as InMotion invests heavily into updating their technology, millions of dollars each year. This also shows in uptime- 99.9% is guaranteed, but InMotion manages to go above that, just check their uptime history yourself.
InMotion has three shared plans. All have free SSD storage (one of the reasons for InMotion speed), free domain, free 1-click installers, and SSH access that will allow you to work easier and faster: Also, each plan has unlimited disk space, monthly data transfers, email accounts and storage. Each plan will give you $250 of marketing credits, a good way to highlight your store in search engines. Every shared plan has a free SSL, and a free website builder.
- Launch plan -$5.99/mo- 2 websites, 6 parked domains, 25 subdomains.
- Power plan- $5.99/mo- 6 websites, 26 parked domains, 100 subdomains, ecommerce ready.
- Pro plan- $8.99/mo- unlimited websites/parked domains/subdomains, ecommerce ready, Pro level support.
InMotion has probably the best customer service in the industry. Easy to reach, and in-house based, InMotion’s highly trained team of engineers will solve your problems instantly. They will offer free site migration, and will do free regular backups of your website. You can also look for help yourself, if you like it that way. The InMotion website is filled with useful tutorials and videos.
On top of all this, InMotion has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the industry- 90 days. You simply have to try this great hosting provider yourself.
If you like proven providers, you will hardly find a better choice than HostGator. This giant has been around for a while, and has built a formidable reputation- it hosts more than 9 million domains.
With so many people trusting HostGator with their websites and businesses, it has a big reputation to keep. And HostGator does just that. They have built a state-of-the-art data center. And they make sure nothing ever goes wrong- HostGator installed the latest hazard-prevention systems. Fire and smoke detectors are in place, as well as backup generators. You can see that this all works- check their website, HostGator has a RSS feed with constant server status updates.
Every HostGator shared plan has unmetered bandwidth, unlimited subdomains, and FTP and Email accounts. You can use the free HostGator website builder too. And if your website needs migration, that is also free. $100 Google AdWords credit and $100 Yahoo and Bing credits will thrust your website’s marketing. Here are the plans:
- Hatchling plan- $3.95/mo- 1 domain
- Baby plan- $5.95/mo- unlimited domains/parked domains/subdomains
- Business plan- $5.95/mo- unlimited domains/parked/subdomains, anonymous FTP, SSL, dedicated IP, VoIP calls
The HostGator customer service has won many awards, and for a good reason- you can reach them 24/7/365, and in different ways; phone, email, chat. The website is also great, with lively forums, which is not surprising since HostGator has so many users. HostGator has a generous guarantee too – 45 days.
There you go folks- we have briefly presented you PrestaShop ecommerce platform, and some of its key traits. We have also explained you how to choose the right hosting for your store. And in the end, we gave you three great examples.
No matter which one you choose – BlueHost, InMotion or HostGator – you will make the right choice. All three are the best in the business, and the leaders in the web hosting industry.